Narendra Modi has become a synonym for development and Gujarat has become a model state for the whole of India. But, still many people suddenly remember "Secularism" when Narendra Modi's name comes up. They argue that, Narendra Modi hates Muslims and Muslims hate Narendra Modi! But, the fact is that, Muslims of Gujarat have started liking Narendra Modi!! It is difficult to believe, right? Here below are the points supporting this fact:
1. More than 31% of the Muslims voted for the BJP in the 2012 elections to the Gujarat assembly.
2. In Gujarat, there are 8 constituencies with Muslim majority. Out of this BJP has won 6.
3. This is the "first riot-free decade for Gujarat", in the last 60 years.
4. Kutch and Bharuch cities of Gujarat have about 35% and 20% Muslim population. Both these cities are one of the fastest growing cities in all of India!
5. Nearly 13000 families got effected due to "Riverfront Project" on the banks of the Sabarmati in Ahmedabad. 68% of these families were Muslim families. Every single family has been rehabilitated in beautiful apartments.
6. In 1969, more than 5000 Muslims were killed during a communal riot in Ahmedabad . Whole communities were wiped out without a trace, in this riot. Gujarat had a Congress government and Hitendra Desai was the CM during that time. Major riots have occurred in Gujarat in 1969, 87, 89, 90, 92. Many people lost their lives and property worth crores of rupees was looted. Forget about punishment, not even a single charge sheet was filed. Even FIR's were not registered!! But now, for the first time, not only in the history of Gujarat but even elsewhere in the country, more than 200 miscreants belonging to the majority faith have been convicted for their role in the 2002 riots. Out of these, 150 have been given life imprisonment!
In a recent interview, actor Salmaan Khan's father and well-known script-writer of Bollywood Salim Khan said: "Does anyone remember who was the Maharashtra CM during the Mumbai riots which were no less deadlier than the Gujarat riots of 2002? Does anyone recall the name of the CM of UP during Malliana and Meerut riots? Does anybody know who was the Bihar CM (Congress government) during Bhagalpur or Jamshedpur riots? Do we hear names of earlier Chief Ministers of Gujarat under whose charge, hundreds of riots took place in post-Independence India? Does anyone remember who was in-charge of Delhi's security when the 1984 massacre of Sikhs took place in the capital of India? Why Narendra Modi has been singled out as the 'Devil Incarnate', as if he personally carried out all the killings during the riots of 2002? In fact, Modi has eliminated the evil of 'Divide & Rule Formula' of vote-bank politics from which the country is suffering from and has given a new formula of 'Inclusive Development' to our secular country by removing the labels of religion, castes and creed".
Eminent Muslim scholar Maulana Vastanvi, a Gujarati Muslim said, "Gujarati Muslims have benefited from the inclusive development policies of Modi's government".
Another prominent Islamic scholar, Maulana Mehmood Madni of Jamiatul Ulema-e-Hind, says that, "Muslims in Gujarat are better off in many disciplines as compared to other states".
In a recent interview given to 'Milli Gazette', former IG of Police, Maharashtra, SM Mushrif said: "Today the most safe place for Muslims is Gujarat"!
V V Augustine of Kerala was a member of the National Minorities Commission and had close interactions with Narendra Modi. He sums up his experience like this: "People who spread the canard that Modi is against the minorities are reflecting their own political biases. My experience is totally different. He listens very carefully and acts very fast in case of genuine problems. As a member of the Minorities Commission, I dealt with several states. Orissa, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar governments have also been good. But no CM is as good, as strong and as determined as Modi. Now even Muslims have realized that Modi is good for them. There are two kinds of Muslims in Gujarat - the rich and the poor. My experience tells me the poor Muslims are solidly with Modi because a riot-free Gujarat and a resurgent economy with new opportunities have benefited the poorer Muslims far more dramatically. It has provided them avenues of upward mobility. Truth is truth, how can I deny facts?"
These are the excerpts from an article. You can read the full article at: http://ibnlive.in.com/group-blog/the-india-blog/3581/why-gujarati-muslims-are-with-modi/64627.html